The results for the Joint Entrance Exam Paper 1 have been declared on the official website. The offline exam was conducted on 3rd of April 2016 whereas, the computer based exam was held on 9th April and 10th April by the Indian Institute of Technology. This year, over 11 lakh students gave JEE Main exam, which was conducted across 132 Indian and Foreign cities. Detailed analysis is as below:
· This year a total of 1194938 candidates registered for 1st paper of which 887432 were boys, 307502 were girls and 4 were of transgender.
· A sum of 1022869 candidates registered for Offline exam, out of which 755348 were boys, 267517 were girls and 4 belonged to transgender.
· A count of 172069 registered for online exam in which total boys count was 132084, total girls count was 39985.
· The total candidates appeared for Offline examination is 974230 out of which 724535 were boys, 249692 were girls and 3 were of transgender.
· The total candidates appeared for online examination is 154406 out of which 119949 were boys, 34457 were girls.
· The amount of candidates who have qualified for JEE Advanced Offline exam was 178408 in which 142520 were boys and 35888 were girls.
· The sum of candidates who have qualified for JEE Advanced online exam equals to 19820 which includes 15890 boys and 3930 girls.
JEE Cutoff 2016:
For General Category: 100
For OBC Category: 70
For SC Category: 52
For ST Category: 48
JEE 2016 Important Guidelines:
1) On the basis of score in JEE (Main) 2016 and normalised score in Class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam, separate rank lists will be prepared for admissions to BE/B. Tech. and B. Arch/B. Planning. This will be declared on or before 30th of June. The rank card indicating All India Rank, State Rank and category rank with total marks and marks in each paper will be available on the official website.
2) No score card or rank card will be dispatched to the candidates’ address and hence the candidates are advised to download their score/rank cards from the official JEE website.
3) Only the All India Rank is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board to IIITs, SFIs, CFTIs and NITs.
Order of deciding inter-se merit of candidates:
· Rank 1: Marks obtained in mathematics, JEE (Main)-2016/ Aptitude Test in Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning.) in JEE (Main)-2016
· Rank 2: Marks obtained in Physics in the JEE (Main)-2016/ Drawing Test in Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning.) in JEE (Main)-2016
· Rank 3: Total normalised qualifying exam marks
· Rank 4: Ratio of positive marks and negative marks
Click here to read our previous post for checking your JEE Results 2016